Sunday, May 1, 2011

Donate Life

On Saturday I ran my very first 5k and it was AMAZING.  I am not a runner by nature, I am a dancer. Growing up, I spent every Saturday on the soccer field watching my brother and sister run up and down the field and it NEVER looked appealing to me. Then something happened (20+ years later), I wanted to run. I was envious of runners and their well maintained bodies. I wanted to give it a try and have a goal. So one day at lunch, Jen (one of my favorite girls ever) told me about the Donate Life 5k at CSUF and we signed up that minute. Then Melissa and Rocio joined us as well. So here we are; hot, sweaty, and so stinkin' proud of ourselves.


                                                       (Jen, Melissa, Rocio, and Me)


P.S.  I've got the running bug now. Jen is already looking up 5K's for next month.

2 comments:

Sara Ancich said...

Such a great thing to get "the bug" for... So proud of you! You did it!

ogdon said...

Yay for us!!! Can't wait to do it again!